Monday, September 03, 2007

I Made It! Calorimetry


I had almost a full skein of Lana Grossa Joker left after making Aibhlinn and Fetching, and I didn't want to waste it.

Knowing at this point that the move to Cali was more likely, I wanted something that I could use there when the weather turned chilly, but not cold. And since *everyone* on the Web seemed to be raving about Calorimetry, I decided to try one.

I know there was a big controversy over how many stitches to cast on, but I decided that since I had a big head, I'd do it as directed.

Which worked for me -- it's just the right size. And I like it. It will keep my ears toasty. It was fun and quick to knit, and I probably make another one some time.



(Oh, and thanks to my friend Wendy for supplying a good button out of her sewing basket to complete it -- saved me a trip to the fabric store.)

But you want to know the damnest thing. I RAN OUT OF YARN MAKING IT! My first stash busting project, and I had to go out and buy another ball of Joker to finish it. Pie and a half!!!

So now I've got most of a skein of Lana Grossa Joker. Any ideas on what I can do with it? :-)

No comments: