Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Movie Report: 3:10 to Yuma


Wow.

I'd been wanting to see 3:10 to Yuma since I heard about it (I'm a sucker for Westerns) and I wasn't disappointed.

Heroes, villains, wide vistas, dirty towns, fast guns, weak lawmen, charismatic murderers, and women shoved to the side. It had all the Western essentials. :)

The action and tension remain constant throughout, and the casting is perfect. Russell Crowe is devilishly charming, Christian Bale is tortured and angsty, and the guy who played Crowe's right-hand man stole every scene he was in. (Did he have a crush on Ben Wade?)

And Wash. Waaaaassshhhh! Alan Tudyk plays the town vet/doctor, who is reluctantly pressed into service. He does something cool and heroic, then dies. Do I sense a trend?

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

OK, back to 3:10 to Yuma. There's gonna be Oscar nominations coming out of this movie. You should see it before the envelopes are handed out.

No comments: