Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Movie Report: Highlander: The Source

THIS MOVIE IS SO BAD IT WILL MAKE YOU PUNCH KITTENS!

It's such a piece of crap that they didn't even have a poster on imdb for me to steal! It sucked!!!!

Now, I liked Highlander (the first movie) is a fun, B-flick kind of way. I enjoyed the TV series.

But this? Sad, sad, sad.

Why? Let me count the ways.

  • It's obvious that the director thought everything should be a music video.
  • Adrian Paul (and everyone else in the film) has forgotten how to use a sword. When I watch Highlander I want cool swordfighting, damnit!
  • The story totally ignored the previous history of the films and TV series.
  • The plot made no sense. At all. It made so little sense that I lost IQ points watching the movie.
  • Why would immortals lose their power by approaching the source of it?
  • What made the inhabitants of an island turn Mad Max?
  • What were those two other moon-sized objects visible from Earth with the naked eye?
  • I cared so little about the girl that I wanted her dead just because.
  • The ultimate prize is the ability to knock your whiny wife up? WTF?

Seriously, if you're a Highlander fan at all, don't watch this movie. It almost makes the second one look good in comparision.

No comments: