Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Book Report: The Travel Detective


This might have been a somewhat-decent travelers' guide -- about six years ago. After 9/11, though, stunts like shrink-wrapping your luggage and buying multiple tickets to piece together the best flight are gonna get you thrown out of the airport if you're lucky, and arrested if you're not.

In many ways, though, travel has moved from an enjoyable benefit of the modern world to a trial by annoyance -- or at least that's what I decided in the Denver airport when they were blowing air up my shirt to check for explosives. Then I got to sit in an uncomfortable plastic chair all day hoping and praying that the airline, in its infinte wisdom, would see fit to give me the ride home I'd already paid for.

I hate airlines. Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em.

This book won't help. Sadly outdated and not even worth checking out of the library.

No comments: