Thursday, September 06, 2007

Comic Report: Batman: Hush Vol. 2


Remember waaaaay back when I read Batman: Hush Vol. 1? And said I was looking forward to the second half of the story?

Yeah, I finally got around to reading it.

And once again, we get a grand tour of Bats' gallery of rogues -- Harley Quinn, Joker, Harvey Dent, Clayface, Riddler, Talia, Ra's al Ghul, Lady Shiva -- name someone, and they're probably in this book.

It's a rocking story with a lot of good fights, but it's marred by one huge flaw -- it doesn't exactly take a master detective to figure out who's behind it all. There's practically a big blinking arrow and a sign screaming "THAT GUY!!!"

And if I could figure it out this easily, how come Batman didn't catch on four issues before that?

Really, I think the artist just wanted to draw Batman fighting all of his most fearsome foes.

So the plot's weak. But it doesn't matter.

Any Batman story is cool. Even this one.

No comments: