Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Movie Report: War


I like Jet Li. I like Jason Statham a lot. (What can I say -- he's a hottie!) Would I like to see them kick each other's asses? Sure!

Slick, stylish and just for the guys (I was practically the only woman in the theater, and the others looked like they'd been dragged their unwillingly) War gives you pretty much what you'd expect. Blood, violence, gun fights, butt kicking, car chases, action and noise, all set to a thumping soundtrack.

And there are ninjas! NINJAS!

All that coolness aside, it's a fun violence fest, with some plot twists for variety. I liked it, but I've got one major gripe.

Jet Li and Jason Statham, in a movie called War? With a poster like that? I want to see them throwdown, yo! I want kicks and punches and swords and a rainstorm and at least four minutes of one-on-one mayhem!

We get ... maybe 40 seconds. Weaksauce.

But it's cool if you're into this kind of movie.

Bonus note: Keep an eye out for Kane Kosugi in a minor part. He's another mega hottie (and my favorite Ninja Warrior!)

No comments: