Friday, August 17, 2007

I Made It! Aibhlinn


I wanted something warm and cozy to wear with my black leather jacket. So when I went to a sale at Mass Ave Knit Shop, I snapped up a bunch of Lana Grossa Joker (a nice, soft, hard-wearing superwash wool) in a beautiful dark red.

My ears get cold (or did, until I moved to California), but I hate tight winter hats. Aibhlinn was the way to go.

Other than switching to wool from cotton and not bothering to make a gauge swatch, I didn't alter the pattern at all. It was a fun, easy knit -- very soothing in what was a very stressful time.

And it's lovely. And very cozy. I like the cute little bobbles.

And now that I live in California, I wonder if it is ever going to be cold enough to wear it. Maybe I'll have to make a second one in cotton.

No comments: