Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Movie Report: Knocked Up


So my good buddy Paj was knocked out by the awesomeness of this movie, and his rant about it inspired me to go see it too.

While I'm not ready to carve this movie into a mountain, it was enjoyable.

I loved the assorted people at the nonstop house party at Seth Rogen's house. It reminded me of my life sometimes. Who are you and why are you on my couch? Eh ... who cares -- pass the Pop Tarts, please.

While this is not as slapsticky as The 40-Year-Old Virgin, it also didn't have me throwing things at my TV like Virgin did with its underlying message that you have to give up everything you are and everything you enjoy for a little touch.

I liked that all of the characters were flawed and real. I had the urge to smack Leslie Mann's pert little nose more than once, but that's for two reasons -- her voice gets on my nerves and I have little patience for the stupid games some women play. Insult a man and break him down until you can retrain him. Pulleezze!

It's nice that the characters grew and changed. It was a fun movie while it lasted. Thinking back on it now ... I don't know if it will stand up to the test of time.

If you didn't see it in the theater, it might be worth catching on cable.

No comments: