Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hoosier Cali Girl

I love California!

But I don't understand it. Not yet, anyway.

Los Gatos ... wow. Very upscale, with a relaxed, artist vibe. It's what towns near Indy like Carmel and Zionsville want to be, but fail miserably at.

There's Lamborgini and Bentley dealerships here, ya'll! Everyone's got a cute kid or a cuter purebred dog and a platinum credit card. Everytime we walk around the adorable little downtown area, I half expect someone to ask to see my W-2 and then tell me I'm gonna have to leave.

Santa Cruz ... I love Santa Cruz. I can't believe I live less than a half an hour from the ocean. I can't believe I forgot my camera! We went there to see "The Lost Boys," which was filmed on the boardwalk, and had a great time. We'll go back a lot ... as soon as I get over the $10 parking fee.

In N Out Burger ... Best fries EVER!!!

Closing time ... Where are the 24-hour stores? Even *Wal-Mart* closes early here! It's crazy! So much for the go-go-go California lifestyle -- if you're not there by 10 p.m., it's closed.

Sometimes a girl wants ice cream at midnight. It's not fair.

The traffic ... What traffic? I see the back-ups on TV, but everything here is so close and convenient that it took us almost three weeks to use a tank of gas, and that was with getting lost all the time.

Questions ... How does everything stay so green when it never rains? Why are there three auto repair shops for every car? Where are the banks with drive-through lanes? How does anyone get anything done with the stupid bank rules? (Holding all deposits for seven days in the first 30 days of a new account. Grrrr.)

This is going to be quite an adventure.

No comments: