Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Birthday Wish List

OK -- so I've been really distracted for the past week.

I can't exactly explain why -- it's complicated. But 2007 started out pretty crappy -- I've got a lingering cough that won't go away, the fraggin' DVD player broke again (that's the second one in a month), I've got issues that don't seem to have a resolution and no one gave me a pony for Christmas.

Last week, something happened that could bring a little sunshine into it all.

Now, I'm not going all emo and saying I hate my life and everything -- I've got a husband I absolutely adore who makes me very happy, friends, family, cute cats, yarn, "Buffy" DVDs ... there's lots of things to be happy about.

That doesn't mean there aren't things I wouldn't change.

And to stop rambling and give this post a point, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Here's what I want in 2007, in no particular order. Start shopping now. :-)

1. A job where my ideas are appreciated, my humanity is respected and my intelligence is of use. I want to be creative and useful again.

2. To see something beautiful, up close and personal.

3. To stand in the shadow of a mountain. Or in a forest so thick it blocks out the light.

4. To eat an ice cream cone while I wiggle my toes in the ocean.

5. To go places that will engage my mind and relax my soul.

6. To wake up to the scent of flowers, and a view that will energize me for the entire day.

7. A picnic at a drive-in movie.

8. A Hello Kitty bike. Is this not the coolest bike ever?

9. The continued health and happiness of everyone dear to me.

10. A Creative Zen Vision. If I can't have that to block out the world, I'd like a way to make the annoying twit who sits by me at work shut the hell up for a few minutes.

11. Pocky. Lots and lots of Pocky. Milk-flavored Hello Panda, too. And vanilla lattes.

12. To feel beautiful.

I'm convinced this isn't too much to ask for ...

No comments: