Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Made It! Cabled Bobble Headband


Lookie! Cables! And big poofy pom-poms, too!

I've been wanting to take the next step in my knitting, beyond the basic stitches. With dreams of beautiful Aran sweaters dancing in my head, I decided I wanted to learn how to do cables.

So when I was flipping through the winter 2006 issues of Interweave Knits for the 30th time, I decided this pattern looked easy enough to try.

One skein of Caron Felt-It (on sale for three bucks!) and a cable needle later, and I made a cable! Go me!

OK, so the color is a little bright. What can I say? It was cold, grey and nasty outside, and ... three bucks! And the pom-poms ... yes, the last time I checked I'm not fourteen years old. Ooops.

You'll pry my Hello Kitty gear out of my cold, dead fingers, though -- I don't care how old I get.

So it's not exactly my style, but it was a fun, fast knit and I learned something. I'll give it to someone. Rosebride says she wants to wear it, but since she refused to let me take her picture in it, Hope Bear must do the modeling honors.



No comments: