Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Movie Report: "Final Destination 3"


I appreciate movies that make you think, that have subtext, that are more than your basic story.

But sometimes you just need some blood, some guts and some Rube-Goldberg-esque gory death.

I love the "Final Destination" movies. Bloody, nasty, funny -- amazing setups that lead to a nasty, messy end for some teenager. What's not to like? Turn your brain off and enjoy the gore.

The scenes on the roller coaster are *intense* -- very impressive. And I'll admit to laughing during the tanning bed scene. Couldn't help it. The story handles itself reasonably well for being the first not to deal with Flight 180 -- but, seeing how much modern flicks depend on "I found it on the Internet" one wonders what they did before it.

I didn't get to play with the "Choose the death" sections of the DVD before it had to be returned, though, and I really wanted to. I'll rent it again or pick it up cheap at the used DVD store just do that sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go watch "Stay Alive" I don't want too see it, but I want to know what happens.