Thursday, January 03, 2008

End of the Day


I'm not going to go into what a complete waste of paper the Spider-Man "One More Day" storyline was.

I'm not going to rage about lazy storytelling, complete lack of respect for the characters and heavy-handed editorial decisions that bork up thirty years of comic history.

I'm not even going to mention how amazingly stupid it is to say "Spider-Man can't get divorced, but deals with the DEVIL are okey-dokey!" Or how if this deal doesn't come back and bite Peter Parker in his regressed ass, it will be a severe injustice.

I'm just going to say Thank you, Marvel. Thank you for saving me nine bucks a month. Because hell will freeze before I buy any Spider-Man comics having anything to do with this lame idea.

If you want to know what I'm ranting about, you can check out Newsarama or Comic Book Resources, or just look for the cluster of comic fans foaming at the mouth.

But don't bother me. I'll be reading Booster Gold or perusing my DVD full of Spider-Man stories that don't suck.

"It's magic, it doesn't have to be explained."

Bite me, Quesada.

No comments: