Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Made It! Irish Hiking Scarf


Check me out! OK, my camera skills suck, but the scarf rocks!

Flush with success from my cabled bobble headband, I needed more cables ... now.

And since I hadn't made anything yet for my most beloved sweetie, a scarf seemed to be in order. He's a nice sweetie -- he'll use/wear anything I make him. ;-)

I am officially the last knitter on the Internet to make the Irish Hiking Scarf. Whatever. It's cozy and pretty and people were admiring it when it was still on the needles. And after six and a half feet of scarf, I think I've got this cable thing *down*.



The specs: Made with my size 5 Denise interchangables, which is a smaller needle than the pattern calls for, but the yarn was very thin. Sweetie picked out Reynolds Whiskey in Teal (color 53) on our trip to the yarn store, and I used all of two balls for the scarf.

In hindsight, it might have worked better if I had used something worsted weight -- this is a thin yarn, soft and snuggly but better suited to fair isle or something like that. Since it's frikking *freezing* in Indiana right now, I'm wondering if this would be better suited to a warmer climate, and if I should make him another one in something thick and arctic.

But he says he likes it, so hey ... if he's happy, I'm happy.



No comments: