Thursday, February 22, 2007

Anime Report: Gunsmith Cats


Ya'll remember my DVD player woes, right?

I bought a new one. One that's not a $25 piece of Wal-Mart crap. So I had to test it.

Unfortunately, my copy of Gunsmith Cats is probably the most scratched DVD I own. (It was an eBay buy.) Fortunately, my new player runs it without a hitch.

I love Gunsmith Cats. It's a babes and booms 1990s anime that makes no apologies for what it offers -- fast cars, big guns and fan service.

The premise? Pistol-packing Rally Vincent and her partner, grenade happy Minnie May Hopkins, infiltrate a gun running operation, burn up the highway in Rally's Shelby GT-500 and duel a psychopathic Russian assassin.

It's only three episodes, which is a little disappointing -- I would have loved to have seen more. But the attention to details like the gun and car designs is top-notch, the action is non-stop, and the jazzy, horn-filled theme sticks in my head for *days* after every viewing.

Old school, but well-worth a watch.

No comments: