Saturday, May 05, 2007

I Made It! Tall Oaks



The sampler isn't crooked -- I just take terrible pictures ;-)

A few years ago I made Teresa Wentzler's Noah's Ark Sampler as a baby sampler for a friend of mine. Beautiful, but crazy itty-bitty animals -- I thought I was gonna go blind.

But when she took it home and showed it off to her family, her oldest son said "Hey! How come I never got one?"

I don't know -- maybe 14-year-olds are down with the cross-stitch, yo!

So she picked out another pattern, and I cranked out another sampler. This is "Tall Oaks" from the Cricket Collection, on 28-count Ivory Monaco with DMC floss. The only mod I made was to add the acorn by Matthew's name to make the line balance a little better.

This would have been a fast stitch, but the folk art thing is not my bag and I wasn't fond of the colors, which means I kept putting it down. The danged checkerboard tree didn't help, either -- but once I got through the trunk it was a breeze.

No comments: