Sunday, May 13, 2007

I Made It! Hat Trick


So I wanted to make my mommy a hat.

She wanted a white hat, and it needed to be easy and washable -- Mom's not big on the hand-washing. So I grabbed a skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick, and cast on my favorite hat pattern.

And I knit and I knit ... and I shoulda looked at the damn pattern, because I got involved in the movie I was watching and didn't decrease when I should have. When I was done, I had a hat that would have fit Galactus. It looked like a white version of Dumb Donald.

So ... very ... sad.

But my friend Rosebride felt sorry for the ginormous hat, and said she wanted it. Here it is being modeled by her sweetie, DR.



She's got it tipped *way* back, but really, this thing is ridiculously large.

So I got *another* skein of yarn, and made *another* hat. That's the one my mommy's wearing in the top photo. It fit, and it's got the happy blue ribbon she wanted -- Colts colors.

But when I was making Mom's hat, Rosebride tried it on, and she liked that one, too. Sigh. So I made a *third* hat, and now I don't think I'm gonna make this pattern again for a while.

Bonus picture: My cat Gabriel doing his best impression of a rug.

No comments: