Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's all in my mind



So a little over three months ago, I got a phone call that still could be something super, but for now has thrown my happy little world into chaos.

I can't really explain (some of you know what's what) but I'm tired of sitting by the phone like a freshman who needs a date for Homecoming. And being crazy all the time takes too much energy.

When I get stressed, or anxious, or just need to relax, I like to play games or knit. Knitting works the best -- it's almost like moving mediation, and my hands are busy while my mind can wander into whatever dark little corner it wants to explore.

Since I got that first phone call, I've made a scarf, three hats, six washcloths, a dishtowel and I'm almost done with a scarf/hood. (Yes, I'll get more pics up soon) But I think that count shows something about my stress levels lately.

I've decided the whole crazy mess, including a very surreal night in a Holiday Inn in Denver, was a figment of my imagination.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: