Thursday, November 15, 2007

Comic Report: Green Arrow/Black Canary: For Better or for Worse


So one of my favorite comic couples, Green Arrow and Black Canary, finally got around to getting hitched recently. After about ... oh, 35 years or so of dating.

And then Canary promptly stabbed him in the neck with an arrow on their wedding night.

Ah, comics -- you gotta love 'em.

Anyway, in celebration of the happy event, DC released a compilation of some of the best GA/BC stories.

Great idea -- lousy execution.

Because when I want to read a story, I want the *entire* story, dangit! Don't just print 10 pages or so with an editor's note! I get into a good Frank Miller story and we're clipping along and WHAM!

Where's the rest?

And there's not even anything here from the Brave and the Bold team books or Green Arrow's adventures with Green Lantern, and that's where this romance started in the first place!

So while I enjoyed the things that *were* reprinted here, it just left me wanting more.

No comments: