Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I Made It! Works in Progress

I'm insane, and I love Noro Kureyon. So I took all the little odds and ends of it in my bag and started knitting 31-stitch mitered squares in garter stitch. No concern for color layout, no planning, just one square melting into the next.

I think it wants to be a blanket when it grows up. It will either be gorgeous, or it will look like a Technicolor nightmare. Stay tuned.



Like I said, I'm insane. So I'm gonna start a Lizard Ridge too, knitting it as a grab a new ball of Noro off a sale rack or eBay. Damn Mass Ave. Knit Shop for having all their yarns on sale and NOT carrying Kureyon!!!

Speaking of Mass Ave. Knit Shop, I also didn't like the blank look I got when I asked for Handmaiden Sea Silk. (I want to make the Montego Bay Scarf out of the summer IK.) And every time I go in there, I always feel like I'm interrupting some great party that I wasn't invited to. It's hard to get any assistance picking yarns or patterns, or even finding someone willing to take my money. I'm glad it won't be my LYS for much longer.



And showing my insanity knows no bounds, what you you think of the idea of a beach blanket in neon-bright cotton? That's what this might be, many, many squares from now.

No comments: